Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Summer 2010





So many people seem to be grieving the close of summer this year. Like, really feeling a loss for whatever summer-ness that's beginning to feel out of reach as September moves in. Maybe these reactions are not occurring more than usual but I am certainly more aware of it than years past.  I attribute this to the giddy, school-girl ache I feel for fall.  I'm ready to wrap the beauty of summer nights, ice cream cones and flip flops up into a pretty little box and tuck it away so that I can open the fun that follows my absolute favorite time of year.  However, in my haste for school buses, colorful leaf piles and scarves I want to give summer a proper tribute in my farewell.  So here goes...some highlights that are brighter merely because the sun shines longer and hotter on these days....

                                         














It has been a summer full of fun, soaking up the sun, spending countless hours with fantastic friends, eating delicious food and enjoying romantic sunsets.  I feel so  grateful, my cup requires a bucket to catch all the blessings I've received from the memories made and love felt over the last few months. I'm sure there will be dark, blustery winter evenings that I will enjoy pulling out these goodies and remembering the smell of sunscreen and sweat and dream of next June, July and August....until then, so long Summer 2010!!


No comments:

Post a Comment