Friday, September 24, 2010

FALL


Little else to say really, but that it's finally here, again. And this makes my heart happy. While summer days and nights have their own special flavor, there is something about fall that sits with me 'just right'.  I practically have a crush on this season, giddy as I've been watching it descend upon us.  I mean, little yellow school buses riding by, colors bursting in pockets throughout the trees, apple picking, pie baking, pumpkins and football sundays...what is there not to love?! except maybe the shorter days. i will give you that. dark at 7pm tonight...

I was particularly pleased to recently, perhaps prematurely, pull out my box of Autumn-y clothes and such.  Feeling a bit brisk on my walk back to my room from the shower, I felt it was a sure sign that cooler days were ahead.  This provided a perfect excuse to pull out my BRAND NEW Patagonia vest (an investment to say the least. But at least its from the outlet. Tom really needs to stop bringing by the Freeport outlets in search of a particular (sometimes obscure) item that he rarely even finds, while I walk away with several bags cutting off the circulation to my wrists and a pile of wrinkled receipts in my hand.  

Unfortunately, as the sun gained some height above, it became quite a beautiful, sunny day out. Determined as I was to wear my newest purchase, I suffered through the discomfort of perpetually feeling hot (you summer folks actually enjoy this feeling i believe) and the result was a suffocated, pit-stained shirt underneath. not ideal.  I will try to hold out a little longer.  

and since photo-editing seems to be my latest obsession i will leave you with this, repetitive as it is...
Happy Fall :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment