Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Puppy Playtime

I have an unfortunate tendency to feel stressed and tired at the end of the workday, (especially the ones of late, but that's a blog for another time).  So recently I've been open to finding new ways to unwind and let go of the  things I can't control between 8am and 4pm.  When I traveled down the road to a nearby dog park, which I used to frequent more regularly, I felt instantaneous rejuvenation.  There, I found Tom and Lucy on a puppy playdate with Jesse and his newest love, Randy.  With a breeze tumbling pine cones down the rocky path to the Charles river, where dogs were splashing around, my list of complaints dwindled rapidly...                
Lucy could chase a stick forever...and she did. 
         Back and forth...

and back...

When she was feeling really impressive, she started picking up what the other pups were leaving behind...

(not just a pretty face, this one.)

And now it's time to meet Randy...
even soaking wet, I just want to pick him up and stick my face in his.

Of course I couldn't help but notice the puppy love taking place off in the distance in an intimate little river scene that I completely invaded with my point-and-shoot instinct, which kicks in at the sight of anything even a tiny bit romantic...

Tasteful PDA doesn't bother me one bit. I think its great. If the spirit moves you, then that lucky other should know, (sometimes) especially in public.

So, I was fortunate to remember, on this particular afternoon, that blue skies, a slow river current and splashing dog friends were all I needed remind me to just let it go.

1 comment: