Monday, August 2, 2010

the observer

i have a tendency (for better or worse) to notice everything.  As I've told Tom about this trait of mine, he took it up as a personal challenge to test the extent of my observations.  So this has led to random "pop quizzes" about some particular aspect of a recent scene.

The other day, we walked through the check-out counter at Roche Brothers as he bought something delicious to cook up for dinner and I continued to talk his ear off about my day.  As soon as we walked out of the store...

"What was the name of our check-out lady?"

Without missing a beat...

"Maria."            

All this to say, I feel like this a good spot to document some of the random, interesting, beautiful, or often ridiculous observations, and occasionally the reflections that follow, that I make throughout the day.

Here's two for today:

1. At the gym, there was a woman actually wearing crocs on the treadmill.  CROCS. i mean, really? I feel like she should get a refund because she's definitely not getting a workout.  The gym should probably pay her for providing entertainment to everyone else who was actually exercising...




2. While stopped at a red light (which is often where much of my surrounding ongoings are observed) I saw an middle-aged gentlemen who had the sort of physique where he happened to be carrying quite a bit of extra weight around his upper body but also had more sculpted, defined calves than most.  I mean, he looked like he could blow past Lance in the Tour de France.  But this look is way more common than one would think and I find it peculiar and a little amusing.

(images from Google)

Keep your eyes out...when you see it, I bet you will smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment