Monday, July 26, 2010

July 4th

I used to look forward to the 4th because it was a night when the old crew would all head down to the local park after a few cold beverages to watch the fireworks and maybe even take a walk down memory lane...

because is there really anything quite like watching the sky explode with color while you're lying on your back with your best friend on one side and your "secret" crush on the other?

well, there isn't when you're sixteen.

...but it turns out that ten years down the road, it actually becomes not only acceptable but preferable, to spend the holiday with mom, dad and brother...of course i should mention i got the best of both world's this year because my biggest crush came along  too...




Yes, I don't know if my mother thought the day would ever come when I'd choose to be at home instead of in the middle of whatever alternative was presented. I must be maturing.  It feels good.  Right where I'm supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment